[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter, Nov. 20, 1952

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue May 18 15:46:18 2004

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
November 20, 1952

Dear Harvey,
I have got to bother you again in regard to the Tambo Quamado. I had a complete set of pictures, and I supposed I had the proper number of each. But after my assistant had mounted one set it turned out that there was only one print each of seven photos. These seven missing ones were not only very fine photos, but were the best possible examples of the remarkable structure in that iron.
After a lot of searching at the Engineering lab, at Ann Arbor they say they cannot find those seven plates. I never have had them, so they must be in the building unless they have been lost or destroyed -- probably filed in the wrong place. But there is no use arguing. I have got to have the pix, and the only way is to borrow your slice and have my man re-take those seven areas. He will have one set of pix to go by.
So if you will be so good as to send me the slice by registered mail, I will bless you and also return it promptly.
I was over at Ann Arbor the other day and left the tiny meteorite with my man, telling him to polish and etch a very small area. I shall hear from him soon, and shall be greatly interested to see what the photos shows. The story sounds convincing.

Cordially,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite articles.