[meteorite-list] Estherville revisited

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri May 14 20:33:52 2004

I just got my new piece of Estherville from Anne over at Impactika. Now
that I have a piece of a mesosiderite that is large enough to show bigger
details, I am kicking myself for not having gotten one before this! My
piece was the next piece off the mass from the previously discussed one, and
it is spectacular. There is a metal vein in it comparable to Portales
Valley, with a crushed olivine crystal right next to it. Next to that is
another area of smaller metal blebs forming a 'bullseye' around another
olivine crystal. It looks like the metal rimmed chondrules you sometimes
get in H class chondrites. The slice is razor thin enough that the olivine
is transparent.

It is drizzling here today, but I don't care. This beauty and I have a date
with my 20x scope.

Tracy Latimer