[meteorite-list] Lake Murray $1 no res. AD

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 13 10:00:44 2004

Roman wrote: Take a look at my 200+ gram etched slice of the rare Lake Murray on auction
starting at $1 with no reserve. Basically none available to collectors right now,
and possibly the most historic meteorite on the planet!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=roman...&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Hello Roman and list,

The Lake Murray meteorite was found in Oklahoma not too far from here. The main mass of the meteorite is on display and the curator will gladly show you the iron. During a visit last year he also showed the location of where the original meteorite was found. Which happens to be on the edge of a dirt track for people racing ATV's. Hunting is not really safe or advisable. When the current curator first took over he found a large box of these strange rusted things. For lack of better place to put them I guess, they were dumped them....into the lake. These rusted things, unknown to the curator were pieces of the weathered portion of the Lake Murray meteorite.

Good luck with your auction, it looks very nice.

Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com

Good day meteorite collectors & researchers.

Take a look at my 200+ gram etched slice of the rare Lake Murray on auction
starting at $1 with no reserve. Basically none available to collectors right now,
and possibly the most historic meteorite on the planet!

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=roman...&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

Ends this Sunday evening. Thanks for looking.

Roman Jirasek
www.meteoritelabels.com