[meteorite-list] Re: Franconia meteorites

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 12 22:23:24 2004

------------ Original Message -------------
[meteorite-list] Franconia meteorites
Matson, Robert ROBERT.D.MATSON at saic.com
Tue May 11 19:17:26 EDT 2004

Hi Ruben and List,

Is any researcher mapping out Franconia strewn field
find locations
and masses? If so, I'd be happy to supply him/her
with the data
for my 325-gram find from last month. --Rob

Hi Rob, Rubin, and List,

I would like to have the name of that researcher, as
well, if there is one.

I compiled a table of Franconia area finds (those
found prior to Feb 2, 2004) and this table was
supposed to be published in the latest issue of
¡§Meteorite¡¨ magazine along with my article on
Franconia, but there wasn¡¦t enough room for it, so it
was left out. If we can¡¦t find a researcher
interested in our data, I will have to find some other
way to get this table published.

Rob, have you asked Jack Schrader if he knows of any
¡§interested¡¨ researchers? Dr. Schrader made quite a
few Franconia finds and his son, Devin, is in the
department at the Univ. of Arizona, so maybe they
might know of somebody? If you can¡¦t find a
¡§researcher¡¨, you may want to think about turning
your data in to Rhian Jones. You have done that with
all of your other finds, in the past, even the ones
that aren¡¦t classified, so no reason to treat this
find any differently. Maybe some researcher will come
along later and find a use for your data. I¡¦m sure
it would be much appreciated, then. Who knows, maybe
after the NomComm makes a decision what to do with all
of these stones, you might even get a provisional name
& number for your find.
Maybe something like, NorthWest Arizona 095!?
:-)
ļ Bob V.