[meteorite-list] New slices: LAMPIAYRIE from Burkina Faso

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 12 05:18:08 2004

> Thank you for clearing up the IMB issue as the specimens we have did not
> indicate this. After revisiting your web-site I see how it was
> misinterpreted. Thank you for showing the largest fragment thus far
> reported. At 4.25 kilos and only a fraction of the stone it came from we
are
> beginning to believe the 250 plus kilogram figure we heard as the TKW of
> this fall. Could this fragment have come from the rumored 60 kilogram
main
> mass?

Main problem that I have is that my dealer know english like me japanise
language :)) so sometimes is hard to know what he want to say. Anyway I try
to explain him that information about date/time of fall, tkw etc is
importand but he never answer me about this. Only he tells me where this
meteorite fall, around what bigger city, so thats becouse I called it
Lampiayrie for now.
The best thing to do will be fly to Burkina and get all info myself. But
this is work propably for Mike :)), not for me.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195
--------[ Member of: Polish Meteoritical Society ]--------