[meteorite-list] supposed new california meteorite from ebay

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun May 9 13:16:12 2004

Good afternoon list.As you all know by now, someone from california under
the name SHERBINATOR,is selling for a friend, a new california stoney
meteorite.In the 2 auctions it is mentioned that someone won the first
auction of this piece, and he was very pleased.Well that someone was me.I
won a 258 beautiful individual that is absolutly perfect.It looks like a
meteorite, with alot of flow lines and very dark fusion crust, but
something to me just does not seem right.I tried gring an edge off but
that did not work.So I hope to sand an edge down so as to see what this
thing is.If it is a 'wrong,let the buyers beware.You can go to the auction
and look for SHERBINATOR.You decide for yourself, then let me know.I think
I have been dupped.He put up a 400 and 500 gram piece for auction for his
"FRIEND".I hope it is real.Please let me know what you think.I think I
will be throwing this piece in the lake where it belongs.

                                    steve arnold, chicago, usa!!

=====
Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728