[meteorite-list]Silicosis's technical name... was Sheath

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 6 21:35:25 2004

Like "flu" stands for influenza, "silicosis" gives rise to the longest
named disease in the English Language:

Pneumono-ultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis: Noninfectious form of
silicosis, aka miner's lung disease.

You heard it here.....

I knew some day I would be able to use this bit of trivia--it only took
me 40 years for the opportunity to arise. But I'd tradeoff that memory
today for being able to just find my car keys on a regular basis.

Elton