[meteorite-list] Estherville continued

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu May 6 17:54:55 2004

Hi,
As I keep raving about this 180g+ slice of Estherville, I got to thinking
about it's origins, as I asked the list earlier... the question I was
wondering is... is the iron present in the mesosiderite identical in
composition or could they have been sourced from other iron asteroidal
impacts?
Obviously, if the iron is identical, then I would have to admit it was a
core-mantle sample, but then that would be a bit confusing with the olivines
in it... If the iron is not identical in composition then the medosiderite
was a product of surface action.

Sorry if the question seems naive!

very best
dave