[meteorite-list] Ad - Weekly Rare Material Special

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed May 5 00:34:21 2004

Dear List,

This week we would like to announce NWA3124, an enstatite chondrite with an
internal weathering level rating of W0 and an external rating of W1 if this
is possible. In the process of having this beautiful meteorite classified
we learned that some of the differences between an EH and EL were levels of
elements in there minerals. Also there are minerals usually found in one
type but not the other. The odd thing about this one is that it classified
as an EL but has some minerals usually associated with an EH. Provisionally
they are calling this an EL with perfect enstatite and extremely well
preserved rare minerals usually only seen in a fresh fall of this type.
Although dual type specimens were deposited far exceeding the type specimen
requirements no chondrules were observed so they are calling it a type 6. I
have observed a few round areas lacking metal so I am sure it is a chondrite
as well.

In any case, this is the most beautiful EL6 we have seen with some areas
resembling Abee. We have priced this one far below other enstatite
chondrites including those with a much higher TKW and some that are far more
weathered because we feel we were very lucky this stunning meteorite weighed
in at 970 grams.

To see NWA 3124 and over 100 other interesting items please check out the
ebay link below and click on "Go see all current items for sale by this
member". Be sure to check out NWA 3124, a very rare EL6-W0/1:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock
IMCA 2185