[meteorite-list] Happy Birthday Park Forest, New 'Rites & Wrong (Park Forest

From: Norman Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:57 2004

Mark,

I'm willing to bet I speak for a bunch of people out
there. Humo(u)r is humo(u)r, and always plays with
the edges of propriety/expectation. It tends to deal
with issues that have strong reactions and gives them
a twist. That's how it works. "We" laugh.

I think you have faced absurd criticisms with
reMARKable control and understanding. I know the sick
feeling in the gut when one tries to cause pleasure
and gets in return a shotgun blast.

Let it rest. The REAL people understand. The rest
won't. Ever. (Short sentence, eh? 4 letters. Tough
(tuff) to understand.) Let them roll in it and face
their sorry lives).

This list is such a cool part of our new age. I die a
little bit every time someone tries to kill it. This
is not a political platform. This is not where we
teach the masses the current vision of propriety.

This is a bunch of folks that understand the magic of
rocks that fell from the sky. There's nothing in this
message critical of you or your FABULOUS artist. I'm
just expressing an opinion (and I'm willing to bet I
represent a majority of list members that didn't join
the list for food fights). We grasp the magic of the
rocks. We like the news, the debates, the exchanges,
the humor.

Please, everyone, let's stick with the object of our
passions and give everyone a little slack. They
eventually fall further and hang themselves if they
are way out of line. (Where's Matteo?)

Next real meteorite subject please?

Norm