[meteorite-list] Mystery Lights Observed Over England

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:56 2004

Greetings Bernhard and all,

Bernhard \"Rendelius\" Rems wrote:

 I have seen several extremely (!) bright meteorites - amongst them one that was
reddish/blueish/whiteish, one that was pale and exploded into may sparks, one that was
as green as bruning copper AND I have seen head on meteorites, I have seen meteor
showers, I have even experienced a meteorite whizzing by close, so close that I was
able to hear it flying and hear the clonk when it landed (I didn't find the object,
though).

This is rare indeed. I have never seen a meteorite fall from the sky, only meteors :-)

--AL