[meteorite-list] Heat-treating tektites

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:56 2004

I know that old glass bottles (besides going purple) will also develop a
metallic rainbow patina from being exposed to UV radiation and weak acids,
as they might encounter after years in a dump. Considering that tektites
have been around for thousands of years longer than man-made glass, it's not
surprising that some would develop the same 'fumed' effect.

Tracy Latimer