[meteorite-list] Heating tektites

From: Norman Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:55 2004

Rob & all,

As others have suggested, the first challenge is
getting a tektite to melt at all, but if you do
succeed, the resulting product will cool pretty much
as it was. On our website (http://TektiteSource.com)
is a page entitled "Is my unknown a tektite?". There
you will find a couple of photos supplied by James
Tobin, showing a melted Arizonaite and a Thailandite.
The latter has a hint of color, but I think that's
purely a photographic artifact.

Cheers,
Norm Lehrman