[meteorite-list] Meteorite crater or crumbling of ground ?

From: Pierre-Marie PELE <pierre.pele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:52 2004

Hello to the list !

During my prospecting trip to Spain hunting for the meteorite of the 4th january 2004, I saw once in a field this circular phenomenon. You can see the picture at this address : http://www.meteor-center.com/dossier/espagne2004/crater.jpg

The terrain contains no stones, only mud and grass. There's no track to reach this place. That's the only hole of this kind we found during our one week trip. Also, it is situated on the trajectory of the meteor.

According to you, what is this ?

I thank you in advance for your help.

Pierre-Marie PELE
www.meteor-center.com