[meteorite-list] Updating Franconia

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:52 2004

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the
people that have contacted me to report meteorite
finds that have been recently made in the Franconia
area. Because of everyones cooperation, I will be
able to report a more accurate TKW for this new
meteorite to the Nomenclature Committee of the
Meteoritical Society. Although the name "Franconia"
has been approved for the H5-S3-W2 chondrite, the
"TKW" and the number of "Pieces" recovered are needed
for inclusion in the next edition of the Meteoritical
Bulletin.

Because there have been more than two different
meteorites found at this locality, the images that
have been forward to me (along with the weight in
grams and the date of find) have been an immense help
in determining which stones belong to the H5
meteorite. Since the other two "different" meteorites
are currently getting classified at ASU, I would
recommend sending any "different-looking" finds to ASU
for identification, as well.

Again, thanks to all all of those who have cooperated,
it is much appreciated.
Bob V.