[meteorite-list] AD - Major Meteorite Auction

From: Iris Lang <rockgirl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:51 2004

Dear List Members,

Thank you to all Meteorite List members who visited with Allan and myself
during the Tucson show, and especially those of you who participated in our
meteorite auctions at the Executive Inn and the Westward Look Resort. It was
a pleasure to see so many of our friends in attendance.

We would like to take this opportunity to announce an important upcoming
event: an auction of rare and historic specimens from the R.A. Langheinrich
Meteorite Collection. As many of you know, the Langheinrich Meteorite
Collection was founded in 1971 and is one of the largest private collections
in the world. This spring, we will be auctioning a number of quality
specimens from the collection, through Ebay.

A preview of the first twenty lots is now available online, and more lots
will be added in the near future:

http://www.nyrockman.com/auction.htm

Included in the auction will be the following items:

Apt (L6) 4.3 grams
Witnessed fall, France, 1803

Bath Furnace (L6) 58.4 grams
Witnessed fall, Kentucky, USA, 1902

Boxhole (IIIAB) 54.5 grams
Individual with Huss number H125.120 and original
American Meteorite Laboratory label

Braunau (IIA) 54.6 grams
Witnessed fall, Bohemia, 1847
With original European museum label 44/89

Brenham (PAL) 277 grams
Complete individuall

Chaves (L6) 39.1 grams
Witnessed fall, Portugal, 1925

Dandapur (L6) 39.1 grams
Witnessed fall, India, 1878

Honolulu (L5) 1.96 grams
Witnessed fall, Hawaii, USA, 1825

Huckitta (PAL) 1412.5 grams
Large complete individual

Juvinas (EUC) 4.0 grams
Witnessed fall, France, 1821
With original handwritten E.U. Sheperd label

Kapoeta (AHOW) 11.4 grams
Witnessed fall, Sudan, 1942

Pasmonte (EUC) 7.5 grams
Witnessed fall, New Mexico, USA, 1933

. . . and many more!

If you would like further information about the auction, please contact us
by email or telephone.

Sincerely,

Iris Lang
www.nyrockman.com