[meteorite-list] Pluto - Part 2 of 2

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:51 2004

Personally I think the best and easiest way to define a 'planet' - size
;

If the object is Pluto sized or above then it's a planet, (unless it's
orbiting another body in which case it's a moon or satellite).

Either that or we define every 'non-comet (i.e solid rock)' that orbits
the sun as a 'planet' - So then we would have a couple of billion
planets in our solar system, - chuffing marvelous.

Dictionary definition of the word planet;

'planet' is "any heavenly body that shines by reflected sunlight and
revolves about the Sun".

So that's as clear as mud then, bit of a pisser if the 'planet' is
black.

Mark Ford