[meteorite-list] Pluto - Part 2 of 2

From: Rosemary Hackney <ltcrose_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:50 2004

I have always considered if it had an orbit around a star it was called a
planet. If it orbited anything else, like a planet, I would consider it a
moon. Not that I am an expert.. but it seems to be it would depend on the
body it orbited.

Satellite of a star = planet
Satellite of planet or other body = moon

Even the asteroid belt is considered the remnants of a planet either that
did not form or exploded.

My 2 cents worth.

Rosie