[meteorite-list] Canyon Diablo knives?

From: Arizona Keith <arizonakeith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:49 2004

Hello Peter and List

I have several knifes made with iron meteorite in the blade and have showed
them around at the Tucson show this year.
These knifes are made with iron meteorite and forge with tool steel on the
cutting edge, meteorite iron only knifes will not hold an edge and will
rust.
There made by a great Swedish knife craftsman, A. Andersson, one of the top
knife makers around, you can see for yourself his work with knifes is great.
The meteorite knifes I have are with Campo, Chinga. and a Odessa come soon,
all made with a exploding patter Damascus steel cutting edge and very sharp.
He's known for his Exploding patter.
Here's a link to the photo's

Early stage of the Campo knife
http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/meteoriteblade.jpg

Finished knife with Mammoth Ivory Handle and Campo Bolster
http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/fallingstarknife.jpg

There's an early stage Chinga Blade.
http://www.geocities.com/arizonaviking2000/Chingaviking.jpg

You can order these direct from the knife make, he makes meteorite knifes on
a custom orders only, give your requirements, type of handle and blade type
and meteorite to be used, prices runs from $500 to $800, depending on the
Handle and type. Also all knifes come with a custom hand tooled leather
sheath. His attention to every detail, makes it well worth the price.

Here A link to the knife makers home page.
http://www.northland.nu/

Thanks again for your time

Keith V
Chandler AZ