[meteorite-list] Amgala updates and auctions ending tonight

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:49 2004

Dear List members,

Thank you to all who purchased the recent fall called Amgala from us as we
put a tremendous amount of effort into this event. We devoted a great deal
of energy and resources acquiring the largest stockpile of this new
witnessed fall in the world. Our latest shipment consisted of only five
stones so very little more is being found meaning the TKW will probably peak
somewhere around 12 Kg, a very small fall indeed.

Initial microprobe analysis indicates that this is an H classed chondrite.
Additional study is underway because this meteorite is a polymict breccia
and is heterogeneous. We donated another slice that has many clasts to
science so that unique features can be identified soon. It is being studied
collaboratively in two laboratories so that a solid classification will be
assigned. We are paying for these studies so that a classification can be
done quickly rather than wait year.

Some notes of interest:
So far 158 specimens have been located including pieces we did not acquire.
Of the 158 specimens only four are oriented (2.5%)
Only one stone was found displaying Slick-and-Slide
The average sized stone is 63.49 grams
The average amount of crust is ~76%
Only one other fall has been reported in history for the Western Sahara
region
Only a few finds have ever been made in this region (Maybe because of
mine-fields)

These numbers are preliminary and will be updated when cataloging is
complete.

We currently have 43 Amgala meteorite auctions ending tonight on ebay.
These are among the best specimens available, many with 100% crust so check
them out! To see these and another 100 plus auctions check out the link
below:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/meteoritelab/

For those who do not use ebay contact us with your wishes and we will be
pleased to try and satisfy your order.

Thank you for looking and if you are bidding, good luck.

Wishing everybody the best,

Adam and Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
IMCA 2185