[meteorite-list] My NWA 1955 Thin Section

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:47 2004

Hello List,

Michael Blood was kind enough to forward my comments
and observations on my NWA 1955 thin section to the list
as I had not yet been re-subscribed. Thank you Michael !

http://community.webshots.com/album/123759764tYCxcZ

I would like to correct the following statement that I made:

"JPEG #2 shows a PP chondrule (porphyritic pyroxene)
with a large, almost perfect, euhedral pyroxene crystal in
the 8 o'clock position."

As that chondrule sits at the very edge of the thin section area where
the thickness is tapering off slightly, the greyish-white chondrule may
be a POP chondrule (porphyritic olivine pyroxene chondrule) and the
almost perfect euhedral crystal would be an olivine crystal.

Sincerely,

Bernd