[meteorite-list] Portales Vally classification?

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:47 2004

Hello List, I have to ask, was Portales Valley classified as a H6 ordinary
chondrite because "they" were to lazy to make up a new classification? It
would seem to me that this unique meteorite deserves it's own group instead
of being shoved into an already existing group.
 I do not feel like we have found every type of meteorite yet, are "they
going do this with all of them, just sticking them in existing categories,
or will they make a new one if need be?
Thanks, Tom
peregrineflier <><
IMCA #6168