[meteorite-list] IMCA benefit auction for Mars look-a-like rocks

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:46 2004

Hello All,

I wanted to update the list with the outcome of the Mars look-a-like auction held last week. I think it had some impact on the whole issue of the Mars imposter auctions on ebay. The number of bids pushed by you guys was 77 and the total hits for the auction review itself was close to 500. Bids came in from all over the world and the final bid that ended up at close to $50 was from Marc Jost of Switzerland. Marc was kind of enough to offer the green gabbro rocks back to me for a future auction if needed, while sending the $50 on to me to be given to the IMCA...which I will do this week.

I would send this note to the IMCA list if I could, but due to email address difficulties with that Yahoo list I cannot. Anyone who wants to pass this on to the IMCA list may do so with my blessing.

Regards,

Gabbro-not-Mars Rocks John