[meteorite-list] WARNING!!! POSSIBLE VIRUS!!! [Fwd: Important notify about youre-mail account.]

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:46 2004

Hi, Norbert, List,

    This is the bagel.j worm that I just posted about. Each scam letter
is created with the name of the email recipient's ISP taken from the
recipient's email address.
    Only you, Norbert, will receive a scam letter with rocksonfire.com
as the server and only because you maintain that domain. Others will get
a message taylored to their own individual ISP, whether that be AOL or
hotmail.com or yahoo.com or...
    Norton will kill it but many spam and virus scanners are defeated by
the fact that it's password protected. This prevents the scanning
program from opening the file and checking its contents.
    Obviously, it's going out to most if not all of the List right now.
    Everyone, DON'T OPEN THE ATTACHMENT!

Sterling K. Webb