[meteorite-list] moroccan fall stats

From: Michel Franco <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:44 2004

Michael, Adam, Serguey, list,

Sorry to mess a round. Western Sahara is NOT Morocco. Not at all.

History:
Western Sahara is a country which has been invaded in 1975 by Hassan II
troops, on its western part. ( Atlantic side) just after the Spanish
colonial occupation ceased.
There is an interposition force, ruled by UN, called MINURSO that tries to
keep the country in peace, since 1976 ( if my old memory is good. )
 A berm ( sand wall) was raised by Morocco to stop the Polisario troops (
the regular Western Sahara army) to free the invaded side of its country

Geography:
It seems to me that, according the info that gave Adam, the 16 october fall
happened in the still free territories, under Polisario control.
On another hand, Smara is in Western Sahara on the moroccan occupied side.
Adams forwarded map is really clear.

Economy:
My meteorites are cosmic material like yours !

My 2 cents,

Michel FRANCO,
hunting in Western Sahara, among other countries.

Michel FRANCO
Caillou Noir www.caillou-noir.com
BP 16, 100 Chemin des Campènes
74400 Les Praz de Chamonix FRANCE