[meteorite-list] Perry to Nininger Letter; Jan. 11, 1954

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 30 23:21:17 2004

(Stuart Perry to Harvey Nininger letter, Perry's File copy)
January 11, 1954
Dear Harvey,
I have decided that I don't want to buy the two meteorites. I am sorry, but can't see any other way. They represent too much money to buy for my own collection, and if I gave them to the U.S. Museum I could not claim an income tax deduction larger than the amount paid to you, which would mean that the gift would cost me a substantial amount, more than I feel that I want to give to the "cause" this year. I am counting the dollars a little more carefully because I have just made a large contribution to a big hospital fund drive at Adrian, and have some unusually large personal experience items either just paid or soon to be.

With warm regards,
Sincerely,
(Stuart Perry - name is missing as this is the file copy. The original sent to Nininger would have been signed by Perry)

Please visit, www.MeteoriteArticles.com, a free on-line archive of meteor and meteorite articles.