[meteorite-list] OT: Are there any members in Colorado Springs?

From: Mikestockj_at_aol.com <Mikestockj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 23 17:52:54 2004

Hi Dan
There are a couple of COMETS members from Colorado Springs as well as the
surrounding area. Not sure if they are all on this list but you could contact
them through the COMETS Yahoo groups list. Since you are moving you might
consider joining the club. This would go for anyone in Colorado as well as outside
the state.
For those of you who are not familiar with the club we started over 4 years
ago. We hold monthly meetings in Denver and occasionally in the Springs as
well. We try to have a topic or theme related to meteorites. Right now we have 35
members on our email list with at least 25 of those from in state. Most
meetings have 10-15 members attending. So if anyone wants to attend our meetings
please sign up for our Yahoo group. We meet at different times each month so
that is the only way to find out when the meeting is. I almost forgot to mention
we hold a lot of meetings at one of the club members ice cream shop. There is
no better way finish a meeting than with a big scoop of cold hand made ice
cream.
Good luck in the Springs. I'm sure you will love it.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Mike

Mike Jensen IMCA 4264
Bill Jensen IMCA 2359
Jensen Meteorites