[meteorite-list] Offers Made for New Zealand Meteorite

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 19:25:00 2004

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=29&art_id=qw1087443183249B252&set_id=1

Kiwi couple get cash offer for space rock
www.iol.co.za (South Africa)
June 17, 2004

Wellington - An Auckland couple have been offered $15 120 (about R98 000)
for the meteorite that smashed through their roof, the Dominion Post
newspaper reported on Thursday.

Brenda Archer said the offer had come from the United States and was among
many she had received. But she and her husband, Phil, were in no hurry to
make a decision about selling.

"We've put the rock away and are thinking about what we should do," the
newspaper quoted her as saying. She said it was lucky the meteorite had
struck the roof on Saturday despite the damage it had caused.

"If it had fallen in the garden it would probably have been added to the
pile of rocks I am taking to the dump," Brenda Archer said. "Nobody would
have known about it." She said she would like the meteorite to remain in
New Zealand. - Sapa-dpa