[meteorite-list] Statistics for Falls

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 16 16:52:10 2004

> One note: I think 1964 should have 7 falls instead of 6. The 1964
> discovery of the Changxing stone has been listed as a find with
> little more info available. However, the great work by Anne Black
> and the Jensens in Meteorites A-Z (second ed.) now list Changxing
> as a fall (referenced to Meteoritics).

That's right, Martin and List,

Here is the reference:

BARTOSCHEWITZ R. et al. (2001) The Changxing meteorite
- old news about its fall and recovery (MAPS 36-9, 2001, A016).

> One more note, I thought there were three in 2003:
> Park Forest, New Orleans, and Hiroshima.

That's also correct but as I still haven't finished my Met.Bull. 87
updates New Orleans has not been included yet. Never before
has it taken so long :-(

Cheers,

Bernd