[meteorite-list] Finding Vesta and Feedback

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 16 14:09:18 2004

Hello to Everyone,

Before Oktoberfest, is Vestafest or better yet, Vesta Fiesta, which will
happen during the Mexican Independence Day Celebrations. I put together a Finder
Chart for Vesta good from now until February 2005, and the details of Vesta at
September Opposition - the best chance until May 2007.

The chart is an attractive example of Vesta's "retrograde", this year in the
constellation Aquarius, so Aquarians ought to watch their HED's for falling
debris. But right now Vesta is starting to get easier to see with binoculars,
and invites everyone to see the biggest known eucrite in the universe !

I saw Vesta last Sunday morning easily from dark skies in the country with
department store 10X50 mm binoculars, and also took a photo with a garden
variety telephoto camera, which ought to come out well. As soon as I can get it
developed, I'll post it at:

http://www.diogenite.com

Meanwhile, if any kind list members can help by reading over and commenting
on the "Vesta" link (where the finder charts are) on the above webpage, and the
"diogenite" (lots on Tatahoiune) link as well, I would be grateful for
feedback to improve the previously neglected site. I hope you find it interesting,
informative, different, and that the hard core scientists whose input I would
value greatly, please, aren't dissuaded by the Vesta connection to the French
classic, "Le Petit Prince", nor the Star Wars/Pancho Villa connections to
Tatahouine.

Atentos Saludos, Doug