[meteorite-list] New Zealand Man to Sell Meteorite

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 15 23:25:28 2004

Hi Dave and list,

We have several meteorite stories going all at once, generating some confusion. We have
the fall of the black rock through the roof (real), the meteorite that was dug up while
a long-drop toilet in the 1950s was being dug, and a Central Otago man John Lunam that
was hoping for similar success with a meteorite he found in Central Otago's Manhureikia
River in 1980. All from New Zealand.

I agree with another list poster that the hollow meteorite sounds like a meteorwrong as
it hasn't been authenticated by anyone in the know. The one found on the river bank
sounds all washed up but not much to go on that one. I also agree with Rob M. that the
meteorite should remain intact in this case other than a sample to be tested for
scientific purposes. My three meteorite grams worth. :-)

--AL