[meteorite-list] An announcement from Joel Schiff

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 14 18:20:03 2004

Hello Joel,

John is just right. This year (and probably since a very long time), you
are blessed by the vast Space and the Skies. Your every day life continues
to be very closely linked to some event originating form "somewhere between
Mars and Jupiter"...
The meteorite that fell almost in your backyard (or dining room...) was
actually some kind of sensation today around here (in the antipodes of
NZ!), as reported and debated by dozens of news and (sometimes very local)
papers.

I hope you could at least expertize the body and possibly get some
fragment, if not being able to buy the whole piece. If so, what a better
place for this space invader than the desk of the editor of "Meteorite"!
We are all lasting to read your next detailed report in our favorite Journal.

Now, the idea of John and Anne wishing you could "do" Tucson next year,
reminds me to renew my invitation for Ensisheim-2005 (already scheduled for
June 17-19).
You know that every year, we use to emphasize a specific theme and exhibit
the meteorites that are related to the theme.
The NZ fall actually gave me the idea to feature, for 2005, that simple theme:
"meteorites that made some damage upon their arival on earth".
Damage to objects (cars, mail-boxes, houses, ROOFS...!) or to animals (like
Macau, Valera or even Nakhla - even if the dog story is possibly pure
fantasy) or even to human beings...
A great theme by no means...that I now firmly retain for sure and anounce
next Friday when the 2004 edition starts

If you could show up in 2005 with at least a fragment of the new bolide, it
could be the "queen of the show" at our special exhibit.

Keep us in touch!

Best wishes,

Zelimir

A 00:58 14/06/04 -0400, vous avez ?crit :
>In a message dated 6/13/2004 10:53:05 PM Mountain Standard Time,
>jkg_at_theriver.com writes:
>At 07:27 PM 6/13/2004, Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:
> >This has really been quite a year for Joel.
> >A milestone Birthday.
> >His daugther's wedding.
> >And now a meteorite falls practically in his backyard!
> >
> >What will he do next year??? :-)
>
>Maybe come to the next Tucson Show?
>
>JKG
>

>Great idea! But he will have to bring the new meteorite with him.
>Maybe if we all ask really nice.......................
>

>Anne M. Black
>www.IMPACTIKA.com
>IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
>IMCA #2356, www.IMCA.cc