[meteorite-list] New Zealand Meteorite

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 13 15:35:50 2004

Hello Stan and List,

> Experts believe the meteorite, a chunk of an asteroid,
> could be worth more than $6,300, the newspaper said.

> would many dealers offer much more the 5$/gram for a
> common chondrite? The price seems to be about right.

I don't know how much Peekskill sold for but I think it was
about US$ 70,000 for a 12400-gram "ordinary" chondrite
(H6, S2; monomict breccia, veined). This would amount
to about US$ 5.50 per gram. Maybe Allan Lang has more
information on that. I got my 13.3-gram slice from David
New and paid US$ 18/g.

Best wishes,

Bernd