[meteorite-list] Warning About Libyan Desert Glass Artifacts

From: Michael Masse <24nov1859_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 8 12:02:41 2004

I had understood that Libyan glass Paleolithic tools are found in what is
now arid regions of Libya . What does Egypt have to do with it? If I recall
correctly, several of our members have found/purchased bulk meteorites,
NWAs, etc., have also brought back artifacts and I'm sure they didn't dash
into Egypt to acquire them. Please correct me if Paleolithic Libyan glass
tools acquired in Libya and Morocco are 'Egyptian' artifacts.

Michael M