[meteorite-list] Impact materials wanted

From: martinh_at_isu.edu <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 09:37:52 2004

Dirk kindly asked:
"I am seeking to trade or buy samples from...Upheaval Dome and hard to obtain samples from USA...."

A point of caution: Upheaval Dome is in Canyonlands National Park so collection and removal of materials from the park is a federal offense, and thus the international trafficking of such materials might not be worth the few dollars that would be paid.

I suggest contacting the geology department at the U of U or Utah State, the US Geological Survey, or the Park Service for materials needed for study. Even the JPL might be able to help. Check out: http://www.seismo.unr.edu/ftp/pub/louie/dome/

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

Martin