[meteorite-list] Yanshan

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 22 17:25:09 2004

Following up on Bernd?s post:

A meteorite that somehow even more closely sounds like what was quoted
as "Yanshan" is YANGCHIANG, a single 20 kg H5 stone that fell in China
on April 12, 1954. Here is what the remarks section of MetBase 6.0
((c) Joern Koblitz) states about it:

"Description, in Chinese with English abstract, and analysis, 28.38% total
Fe, C.Tzewen, Acta Geol. Sinica, 1966, 46, p.64. Listed with references and
coordinates; a single 20kg mass, D.Bian, Meteoritics, 1981, 16, p.117,
A.L.Graham et al., Cat. Met., 1985, p.381. Listed, the correct name is
Yangjiang, Y.Chen and D.Wang, Meteoritics, 1994, 29, p.886."

May be that helps in a way.
Alex
Berlin, Germany