[meteorite-list] New Meteorite?

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 21 21:57:27 2004

Dear Michael;
No, not even close. I find this along the many miles of the main line
of the Union Pacific Railroad. As a child, we found it in Michigan
along the tracks of the Ann Arbor and Soo Line Railroads. It is the
bottom scum off of large smelters and makes perfect cross tie
ballast...aka, the stuff the ties are settled into on a rail road line.
 There is iron in it, and a whole list of metals that if were in your
drinking water would make you very ill in your liver.
Nice meteorwrong, if a bit small. Did he find it in Nevada, or locate
it three miles away with some buck rogers detector?
Best,
Dave F
mjwy stromatolite emperor