[meteorite-list] Repost: Steve Arnold (Chicago) List e-mail; April 4, 2004, Winslow Dr.

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 19 14:39:22 2004

Good morning list.I just want to add some info on the collision. That is
the area where I spent more time than anywhere else.That will change
tomorrow.In the middle of the street, the meteorite hit at a very fast
moving speed.When it hit, it took out about 3/4 to an inch of
pavement.About 9 inches round.It then richocheted at about a 4 in. level
above the street coreening into the street curb at high impact.That is
where I got most of my micro's from.The black fusion crust was
everywhere.Then it rose up to at least 6 feet really quick to hit the
house on winslow st and take out some of the guys aluminum siding....

(Mark edit)

.....and I'll see ya all
out in the strew-whatever tomorrow.

                                          steve arnold, chicago