[meteorite-list] Wire Fraud and Computer Theft wasThe Animal

From: E. L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 14 21:07:32 2004

As I understand it, under both US and EU statutes, it is the crime of
"theft of computer services" to access a digital network, system,
instant messaging service, newsgroup, etc. when one is not authorized to
do so. Repeatedly changing names and rejoining under false identity
when one has been removed from access by the rightful owner is theft of
computer services. The thief doesn't have to steal anything, the mere
access when not authorized is the crime.

To assume a false identity to gain services one is not otherwise
entitled, via a computer, can also be wire fraud.

Subscribing to an email account for the purpose of committing a crime is
against MSN's terms of service ( Yahoo's , AOL, etc for that matter).

I just thought I'd throw greatly out this to be consideration by all,
even though I don't think the gravity of the actions come to
appreciated by the personage who keeps coming back to go ruin.

Would the attorneys on the list care comment?

Sincerely,
Elton

PS: the Meteorite central list fits the newsgroup catagory, I
assume.<--Meteorite related