[meteorite-list] Burst of Meteors Seen Near Finland

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 14 16:35:27 2004

Hello, Bjorn and the list,

the direction was (or at the moment we suppose, it was) about from
south / south-west to east / east-south, against Vaasa, Finland. The
angle seems to was quite low, about 30 degrees, and the crossing-
point with the ground is somewhere between Vaasa and Valassaaret
on the finnish coast. So it may be possible, something has reached
the shore of Finland between Vaasa and Valassaaret.

We don?t have a map yet, but you can at least locate Vaasa from;

http://worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/lgcolor/ficolor.htm

best,

pekka s