[meteorite-list] New Nevada Meteorite on Ebay

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jul 12 15:53:01 2004

Bob and List,
Actually the seller (Mr. Szep) was immediately contacted by IMCA on
7-09-2004.

 I informed Mr. Szep that I had spoken with the original finder (Mr. Yocum)
 last October when this material appear on ebay last year. Mr. Yocum
told me that
 Alan Rubin and others had inspected his samples of this 'Nevada
strewnfield.'
 Mr. Yocum reported that Alan Rubin had told him it was 'slag and contained
no nickel'. Mr. Yocum did not believe Alan Rubin because "how else
could these huge pieces have wound up in the middle of nowhere?"
After informing Mr. Szep of these things. Mr Szep again asked me
 for my opinion on his photos. I also have a sample of this material
sent me
by Mr. Yocum. I gave Mr. Szep my observations as to why I felt the
material is
slag and I suggested he have NEMS verify. I provided NEMS contact
 information and details.

I cannot explain why Mr. Szep has not closed this auction.
I.M.C.A's interest in this matter is unfinished.

Thanks,
Ken Newton
http://www.imca.cc