[meteorite-list] New Nevada Meteorite on Ebay

From: Comcast Mail <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 11 22:31:53 2004

Yep,

thats exactly what it is ...... Magnetite ! I just looked at some of that
crappy looking stuff today from a guy set up at a flea market selling coins,
etc.
He said he found his meteorite in a field in Michigan. It looked exactly
like the stuff the guy has on ebay.
Upon close inspection...... the magnetite had way to many pits to be a
meteorite.
Its amazing how anybody can claim to have found a meteorite without
confirmation from a lab or appropraite source and put it up on ebay.

Check out this rock I found looking for meteorites in cornfields today:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spacerox2001/detail?.dir=/58d3&.dnm=5216.jp

A magnet sticks to it. But , I wouldnt throw it on ebay.

Bob Evans