[meteorite-list] Quick hello and thoughts on Shirokovsky

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 9 14:43:04 2004

When I went to Tucson, I picked up a small (<2g) slice of Shirokovsky,
mainly because, as a meteorwrong, it was one of the nicest ones I had ever
seen. If I'm going to have a few meteorwrongs for comparison in my
collection, at least it's attractive, moreso than foundry slag, etc. AS
long as it's not marketed as a meteorite, but as a mineral curiosity, I
agree with Marcin; no harm, no foul.

It's also cheaper than the notorious "Emerald" or Frass meteorite :-)

Tracy Latimer