[meteorite-list] JaH 026 (L3.1)

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 9 08:21:17 2004

Hello Jeff and List,

Congrats on the acquisition of that rare beauty!

> I just received an endcut of JaH 026 from
> the Cometshop boys which is just stunning

That's right. JaH 026 is a stunning, unequilibrated chondrite
with gorgeous chondrules sitting " bumper to bumper " in its
matrix. I got my little 0.96-gram polished part slice of JaH 026
from Martin Horejsi some months ago and it shows abundant
chondrules both large and small.

> The only other L3.1 that I know of is a 46.08g stone
> found in Antarctica during 1979 (Yamato 790787).

I would like to add that there are five L3.1 chondrites:

1) Yamato 790787
2) GRO 95539
3) LEW 86018
4) LEW 86270