[meteorite-list] Quick hello and thoughts on Shirokovsky

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jul 9 03:47:06 2004

Hi,

Ethically we should all take responsibility for this, i.e. Don't buy any!!

That way next time (when an even better 'meteorwrong' appears) it won't end up being worth more than a real one!

I find it amazing, that mysteriously, a potentially faked pseudometeorite appears, and everyone promptly gives money to those involved, - ooh the Irony of it. When there are authenticity questions being asked (especially by the MetSoc), then the stuff at the very least, shouldn't be allowed to be sold at the mineral trade fairs..

Mark