[meteorite-list] Large meterorite hit here, July Fourth!

From: Patrick <pberry26_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 8 12:15:12 2004

I live in Casselberry, Seminole County, Florida.

Whilst visiting my daughter on Sunday, July Fourth,
2004, and during a terrific lightning and tropical
rainstorm, the lightning had died down, when suddenly,
at about 8 p.m., a HUGE thundering sound rattled all
the windows! It had been preceeded by an extremely
bright light, that was golden instead of the usual
whitish glare that is typical of a lightning bolt.

A meteorite about the size of a VW (?) hit two miles
West of our location, on Dog Track Road, near Highway
17-92, in Longwood, Seminole County, Florida.

It hit in an open lot, but, the blast caused all of
the glass in surrounding homes to blast out of the
frames. Luckily, no one was injured!

Finally, this morning, July 8, 2004, WDBO AM radio
mentioned the 'big boom' on the Fourth of July, in
their traffic report at 07:35 a.m.!

We noted that lots of FBI agents had blocked off the
area, and that it wasn't until Tuesday, July 6th, that
NASA came in from the East Coast, and started poking
around with their radiometers, in their decon suits.

I cannot find any info anywhere on the Internet, local
news channels, or on Cable TV!

Doesn't anyone care? Last week, a meterorite the size
of a bowling ball crashed into a yard and THAT was all
over the news!

=====
Patrick Berry, USAF (Retired) http://www.af.mil
Registered Linux User #65411 http://lugww.counter.li.org