[meteorite-list] American Meteorite Museum Earrings

From: Mark Bostick <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jul 7 09:55:43 2004

Hello list,

In my continuing effort to Nininger-ize everyone.....

A pair of earrings, still in its original box, from the American Meteorite Museum, when the museum operated in Sedona.
http://www.meteoritearticles.com/ammearrings.html
On this subject, Nininger writes in "Find a Falling Star", page 169 "My signal offense seemed to be that our museum sold specimens to collectors, to colleges, universities and museums. Also, on a much smaller scale, we sold jewelry made from small nickel-iron meteorites we had retained from among those collected around the Arizona meteorite crater. In no case did we allocate for jewelry any specimen for which there could be any conceivable scientific need, nor did the jewelry constitute more than a very small item in our volume of sale."

Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com