[meteorite-list] Fires Threaten Graham Mountain Observatory (Arizona)

From: John K. Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 6 16:34:41 2004

In addition to the fire on Mt. Graham, there are five or six other fires
currently burning in Arizona. The "Willow" fire near Payson, (Marv & Kitty
Killgore's home town) has charred nearly 70,000 acres and is less than 10%
contained. Here in Arizona, we're in for a tough fire season this year due
to the ongoing drought. To compound the problem, the forests are full of
dead trees killed by infestations of bark beetles.

How about some of you wet climate folks send us down some rain!

Best,

John Gwilliam