[meteorite-list] Shirokovsky

From: meteoriteshow <meteoriteshow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 6 04:16:44 2004

Dear All,

As I mentioned it about a week ago, Christophe and I attended both Ensisheim and Ste Marie aux Mines shows last month. This year, there was nobody proposing any slice of "Shirokovsky" in Ensisheim, but Mikhail Medvedev from St Petersburg was in Ste Marie, and sold again some slices of this "meteorite". A good friend of mines bought a slice for 200.00 Euros, and was quite ennoyed when he was told later that this is not a meteorite.
I know that there was lots of controversial talks about Shirokovsky, but I am not 100% sure of the final position (if any) about it.
Could any of you provide some information, I would appreciate.
Thanks and kind regards,

Frederic Beroud
www.meteoriteshow.com
IMCA #2491