[meteorite-list] NWA meteorites - money for terrorism?

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:32:11 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0030_01C3E803.494DFEA0

Richard and list,

I think you left one off your list.

6. Islamic sounds like a eucrite meteorite.

Morocco (a country) and Africa (a continent) do have a lot of Muslims. T=
his does not mean they are all radical Muslims. To suggest that since me=
teorites are purchased in a country or a continent were there are a few r=
adicals by ratio as meaning that Moroccan meteorite money funds terrorist=
 sounds to me a bit far fetching.

Morocco has been a trading place for a long time and will continue for a =
long time in the future. Meteorites would not even rank in the top 10 of=
 the countries exports. =20

There is a lack of strewn field data on NWA meteorites, but lets be hones=
t. I think we understand now the way meteorites break up and the many ra=
re meteorites, planetary and otherwise, the Moroccan meteorite market has=
 provided, out weigh any lack of geological information. Sure I like to =
collect those GPS coordinates also, but let us be honest. Only a handful=
 of coordinates provided in any meteorite catalog would really lead you t=
o the place of find or fall. =20

If one was collecting NWA meteorite one would surely get several pairs in=
 their collection. But would one not get the same if collecting the DAG =
#'d meteorites you found? Would you mind telling us how many paired DAG =
CO3 numbers have been assigned? =20

Multiple paired meteorites with different name and numbers can also be fo=
und in the Roosevelt County, New Mexico meteorites, the Antarctica finds,=
 Australia, and in many other examples.

Richard, your finds and documentation on the Libyan meteorites is inspira=
tional, however, I find your annual attack on NWA meteorites lacking. Ki=
nd of like a, "I have a better car then you" thing.

Mark Bostick
Go Panthers!!!

------=_NextPart_001_0030_01C3E803.494DFEA0

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>Richard and li=
st,</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>I think you left one off your list.</DIV=
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>6. Islamic sounds like a eucrite meteorite.</DIV=
> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Morocco (a country) and Africa (a continent) do =
have a lot of Muslims.&nbsp; This does not mean they are all radical Musl=
ims.&nbsp; To suggest that since meteorites are purchased in a&nbsp;count=
ry&nbsp;or a continent were there are a few radicals by ratio as meaning =
that Moroccan meteorite money funds terrorist sounds to me a bit far fetc=
hing.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Morocco has been a trading place for a=
 long time and will continue for&nbsp;a long time in the future.&nbsp; Me=
teorites would not even rank in the top 10 of the countries exports.&nbsp=
; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>There is a lack of strewn field data on N=
WA meteorites, but lets be honest.&nbsp; I think we understand now the wa=
y meteorites break up and the many rare meteorites, planetary and otherwi=
se, the Moroccan meteorite market has provided, out weigh any lack of geo=
logical information.&nbsp; Sure I like to collect those GPS coordinates a=
lso, but let us be honest.&nbsp; Only a handful of coordinates provided i=
n any meteorite catalog would really lead you to the place of find or fal=
l.&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>If one was collecting NWA meteorit=
e one would surely get several pairs in their collection.&nbsp; But would=
 one not get the same if collecting the DAG #'d meteorites you found?&nbs=
p; Would you mind telling us how many paired DAG CO3 numbers have been as=
signed?&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Multiple paired meteorites wi=
th different name and numbers can also be found in the Roosevelt&nbsp;Cou=
nty, New Mexico meteorites, the Antarctica finds, Australia, and in many =
other examples.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Richard, your finds and docu=
mentation on the Libyan meteorites is inspirational, however, I find your=
 annual attack on NWA meteorites lacking.&nbsp; Kind of like a, "I have a=
 better car then you" thing.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DAr=
ial>Mark Bostick</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Go Panthers!!!</FON=